This has been a difficult period of time for all of us; the families, the friends, the residents, the staff and community members. I wanted to thank everyone for their cooperation and understanding during this difficult time.
Please be aware that the staff are continuing to care for your loved ones as best as possible, and we have been able to maintain our high levels of care during this time. MD’s are visiting and available by phone; Nursing/PSW care continues; Activation team is working to engage and provide programs for the residents; staff will update with any changes (as they always have).
The changes we are already aware of:
- Restriction to only essential visitors continues (as per Ministry)
- Care conferences are held via teleconference
- Staff continue with screening prior to start of their shift
- Any staff who has travelled is on self-isolation at home (for 14 days)
Updates you may be interested in:
- Activities are being held on each floor to avoid large group gatherings
- Increase cleaning and disinfection is ongoing in the home
- Weekend receptionist implemented to assist with staff screening and answer calls
- Families can call in to speak with residents or can-do video calls (for video calls please call activation team ahead of time to arrange)
If you have any concerns, questions or suggestions please feel free to get in touch.
Email: ExecDirector@Labdara.ca or Phone: 416-232-2112 ext 401
Ačiū, Laura Puteris
Laura Puteris, Administrator
March 19 2020
Dear Families, POA’s and Caregivers,
With the new mandates from the Ministry of Long Term Care about restrictions to only essential visitors, we wanted to ensure that families and caregivers are aware that care conferences will continue but they will be via teleconference (over the phone and not in person).
In addition, please note that the eye clinic that was planned for March 19th is CANCELED .
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation during this difficult time.
Labdara Lithuanian Nursing Home
Owned and Operated by Labdara Foundation
416-232-2112 x401 ExecDirector@Labdara.c a
5 Resurrection Rd., Toronto, ON, M9A 5G1