Monday, June 29, 2020
Dear Residents, Families, Friends, and Community
As the community starts to open up during this Pandemic, here at Labdara we continue with our rules and guidelines. With community services opening and more people gathering and interacting, the fear is there may be an increased risk of getting COVID19. For this reason, we maintain a separation from the community. But, we are all hoping and praying this pandemic can end soon. This year has been a busy and hectic for everyone. Communication to the Power of Attorneys/Family members continues on a weekly basis (or more frequently if needed). As well as our staff and residents receive at least a weekly update. In addition, we were lucky enough to have Tėviškės Žiburiai print an update on Labdara in May 26th issue: http://www.tevzib.com/lt/labdaros-slaugos-namai-visu-bendras-rupestis/
I want to thank everyone for their support and understanding during all of this chaos. I want to especially thank our wonderful staff who have been taking care of our amazing residents with their dedication and caring hearts, even in these difficult times. We are so lucky to have this group of people in Labdara that make us very different from other homes. Thank you to all the families and community members that have donated for staff appreciation at this time.
Due to the great staff at Labdara, the strict measures we have implemented/maintained and thanks to the prayers of the community we are happy to say we DO NOT have an outbreak at this time, and we are working hard in maintaining this (please note this is not an extensive list):
- Masks continue to be worn and are mandatory (staff can also wear face shields, if they wish)
- Pandemic supply stock is being prepared (in preparation for second wave)
- Residents remain in Labdara or its balcony/garden area
- No indoor visits from families, unless essential visitors (for residents who are End of Life/Palliative).
- Increased cleaning and disinfection continues at Labdara
- Resident and staff screening (with temperature) twice a day
- Video chats can be arranged for families with our recreation/activity department
- Staff are only working at Labdara
- The ministry last week has made new rules for OUTSIDE visits (see posters from the ministry Requirements for the Home to Meet, Guidelines for Visits). Please note that family visits are outside visits only at this time and can be schedules with the receptionist.
- Essential services have continued e.g. Physiotherapy, Chiropodist…
I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy,
Ačiū ir sveikatos visiems,