Admittance Info

Application for admission into a provincially regulated long-term care facility can only be made through a Local Health Integrated Network for Home and Community Care (LHIN). Please contact the office of the LHIN in your area to make an appointment with a Care Coordinator/Case Manager.

To find your local LHIN use the link

LHIN will answer your questions and help with the application form. They will arrange the necessary assessments to make sure you are eligible for long-term care and give you the information you need to make this important decision. LHIN can also provide you with assistance in accessing community support services that may help you manage until admission is arranged.


Application Process

Your Local Health Integrated Network for Home and Community Care (LHIN) can assist you in accessing their services, as well as other community support services that may help you stay at home longer. They are also the point of contact to help you to find a place in a long-term care facility (formerly called a Home for the Aged or Nursing Home) that can provide the extra care and security that may better meet your needs The decision to move from your home is not an easy one. It is a time of many questions and emotions. LHIN is there to listen and give you the information you need to make important care decisions.


What do I need to know about the Application Process?

When you think the time has come to apply to a long-term care facility contact the LHIN in the community where you, or your family member lives or is hospitalized. Your local LHIN will arrange for a Care Coordinator/Case Manager to come to your home or the hospital to assess your health-care needs and determine if you are eligible for a long-term care facility. During the application process the following forms must be completed.

  • Health Report. This form can be filled out by your family doctor, a registered nurse or a nurse practitioner.

  • Evaluator Questionnaire re: Capacity to Make Admission Decisions. This form must be completed by a health care or social service professional (doctor, nurse, physiotherapist, social worker, etc.). If you are assessed as capable of making your own decisions regarding placement, then you will sign the Consent form. (Should the application be submitted on behalf of an individual who has been assessed as being incapable of making a decision regarding their housing needs, the individual's Power of Attorney for Personal Care must sign the form on the applicant's behalf.)

  • Placement Application Form. You or a family member can fill out this form. Please include personal information which will help us get to know you and identify your needs.

  • Facility Choice Sheet for Placement. You need to fill out both sides of this form. We strongly recommend you or a family member tour each facility before making your final decision. Please number your first, second and third choices. If you choose more than three, you will only be waitlisted on the first three. Make sure you sign and date the back of the sheet. (If the Consent form has been signed by the Substitute Decision Maker then they must also sign the Facility Choice Sheet for Placement.)

Mail the completed forms to your local LHIN. We advise you to make a copy of all forms before mailing.


When applying to Labdara Lithuanian Nursing Home:

Clearly indicate to LHIN your ethnic origin (first language). Position on the waiting list is dependent on ethnicity. An anglicized Lithuanian surname might get you on the wrong list.

Ensure that your application is reassessed every 6 months to ensure that your position on the waiting list is not lost.

Tip: Involve all key family members in the decision. You may have to make the ultimate choice yourself, but it is best to keep other family members informed. Ideally, you and/or a designate --someone you trust, should tour a number of facilities prior to making a final decision. It can help answer many questions. Phone and make an appointment to tour the facility to ensure there is someone to show you around and that they have set aside the time to answer your questions. Ask to see the most recent Facility Review Summary Report, which will tell you how well the facility is meeting the standards for long-term care.


FInancial Assistance Information

Do you need Financial Assistance?

If you do not have enough income to pay for the basic room, the government can help you through a subsidy that will bring the cost down to a level you can pay. The subsidy is not available to people requesting semi-private or private rooms.

If you wish to apply for a subsidy, you must provide your Notice of Assessment from Revenue Canada, which provides proof of your annual income. You receive a Notice of Assessment each year after filing your income tax return. If you cannot find your Notice of Assessment, you can call Revenue Canada at 1-800-959-8281 and you will be provided the information you need.

Applying for a subsidy requires you to disclose only your annual yearly income. It does not include the value of your assets.

If a large portion of your pension income will be going towards payment for the facility and leaving your spouse with little or no income, call the Income Security Program at 1-800-277-9914 for further information.


Learn how you can help sustain Labdara Nursing Home

Labdara Lithuanian Nursing Home is owned by the Labdara Foundation, a not-for-profit registered charity B/N 118987775RR0001.
The home is managed by UniversalCare Inc.

Website Sponsored by PARAMA Credit Union Ltd.


   Contact Form